POWDERPOST BEETLE CONTROL
One may be familiar with termites however powderpost beetles cause just as much damage as termites. Powderpost beetles damage wood slowly.
Powderpost beetles (Subfamily Lyctinae) are mostly found in eastern and southeastern states. We recommend making sure wood has a varnish where appropriate. The varnish prevents females from laying eggs on wood. The beetles are most active when the weather is warmer. After the eggs hatch the larvae bores through wood kicking out frass.
WE SERVICE RESIDENTIAL AND COMMERCIAL CUSTOMERS
- Larvae – ¼ in length and cream white color
- Adults – ⅛ to ¼ inch in length
- Reddish-brown to black
Signs that you have a powderpost beetle problem include:
- Live or dead powderpost beetles
- Very fine powdery frass/dust
- Damaged wood inside of home/business
- Exit holes –round (1/32”-1/8”)
Contact us for any powderpost beetle needs.
Neal Pest Control, Inc. is family owned and operated and is your answer for powderpost beetle issues.