We service Residential & Commercial Customers
Ants live in massive colonies consisting of one or more queens, thousands of workers, eggs, larvae and pupae. There also can be winged reproductive ants that fly around. Queens lay eggs and workers do pretty much everything else. They maintain the nest, and search for food. Ants feed on almost any of food , however they prefer sweets and/or proteins. As they forage, they leave a pheromone trail for other ants to follow. If you see a trail of ants, it is a sure sign of an infestation and prompt ant control is needed. There are approximately 1,000 different ant species populating North America. Fortunately, there are only a few that are troublesome in our area.
As shown above, the signs that you may have an ant infestation include:
- Small holes in the wood around your home.
- Wood shavings around the holes due to the ants burrowing.
- Slight rustling noises coming from your walls or the ceiling.
We focus on finding nesting sites of ants in your home or business. We have many effective solutions to solve your ant problem without being exposed to harsh materials. See the ant service options below:
In your basement or crawl space, we inspect above the sub-floor insulation. Ants use insulation as a nesting site.
If ants are present in the kitchen and/or bathroom(s), we may use an aerosol to treat under the false bottom of the cabinets and the plumbing areas. We use the aerosol as a localized treatment method to flush out ants and treat the ant nest. Dust may be used for residual effect.
- If ants are present in the kitchen and/or bathroom(s) etc., we may use ant gel bait and/or ant bait stations to solve the ant situation.
- If needed we will drill into a localized area to treat the ant nest. We will go over the details with you before if any drilling is necessary.
- The exterior foundation of the home is treated with a liquid material and/or ant granular bait. This acts as a barrier treatment to kill ants.
- We use an aerosol on the corner boards of the home to flush out any nesting ants.
Many times ants nest in trees and/or in retaining walls which make a trail into your home. At this time we will treat those areas.
Please note: We can adjust the above service methods to fit your needs.
A successful ant treatment must be carefully designed and planned. We spend the time to solve your ant issue.
As you can see, ants may seem harmless but are able to cause an immense amount of damage to your home. As shown in the picture, the damage can be done behind your walls. Nobody wants to have a surprise waiting for them when they remodel or try and sell their house.
Contact us for any ant needs.
Neal Pest Control, Inc. is family owned and operated, your answer for ant issues!